Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Eve Thoughts



Well its Christmas eve. I hope that you all have a wonderful holiday with family and or friends. I want to say to everyone that I have met through blogging and to those who read my blog that you have made this year really special for me.

A couple of years ago I had an intense desire to write and express my thoughts. I kept a journal but it seemed futile because I wanted to get feedback on my experiences from other people. It seemed then that the only way to accomplish this was to get a column in some rag or write a book; avenues that require a reputation in the field of writing and money. I stopped keeping the journal but still had many ideas, thoughts, and emotions in my head that I wanted to get out.

Two years ago I started this blog. At first i was sporadic in my posts and nobody read my blog but I was finally able to express. This year I began to explore other blogs, comment, and participate in the lives of others. In turn you participated in my life. We've laughed, cried, guffawed, and winced as each one of us has lived vicariously through the vignettes of our lives that make us who we are. This exchange has been an amazing experience for me and look forward to maintaining it for many years to come.

Blogging has allowed me to share aspects of my personality that would have remained silent, allowed me to explore my interest and passion for photography, and has given me a platform for voicing the ideals that are at the core of my being. Henry David Thoreau said "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the gave with the song still in them." I am thankful that we are all able to sing our songs and that we have each other to listen.

Merry Christmas everyone!
IMG_0628
Photo Credit: Brad took this picture last year.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and a very happy new year, Adam! Your blog is like the promise of spring, a true delight. I'm honored you chose to share it with me. I will see you soon!

3:18 AM  
Blogger DanNation said...

Merry Christmas, Adam, and thanks for being a part of my world! I hope we all meet someday!

I think I'm going to leave my blog named exactly as it is. It takes a while to turn 40, after all.

3:20 AM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

Merry Christmas, Adam :) *hugz*

7:30 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

What a perfect quote to end with Adam - wishing you and Brian the best of holidays!

3:59 PM  
Blogger jjd said...

Adam, you're a refreshing and candid bluddie whom I'm happy to have met. I hope you and Brian have the merriest of christmases.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

Who's Brian?

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Adam, when did Brad change his name to Brian? :P

12:17 AM  
Blogger Brettcajun said...

Have a Merry Christmas Adam and Brad!!! What did ya'll get each other??? Details. Details. I got a Best Buy Gift Card, that I can use to put down on a new computer I am going to buy. I got E.Shrew a miniature Schnauser puppy.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares