Saturday, July 29, 2006

Some closets are still occupied.

On the drive home from the airport.

Mom: What's down that street?

Me: Oh thats where all the gay bars are! Its really close to where we live so when its not so hot Brad and I just walk to them, its great when we're drunk and we don't have to drive. Pretty much thats where we usually go out.

Mom: Oh it looks like a nice area and its so close to Eatzi's, very nice!

Later that evening sitting in my living room while playing with new binaural microphones for my iRiver.

Mom: What do you use that for?

Me: Nothing. Its nothing. Its just a digital recorder that I have for fun. Its stupid. Its nothing. (I hope she doesn't find my my condensor microphone).

8 Comments:

Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

LOL.....very smart of you....some doors ya don't want to open....especially if you've read the horrors of other bloggers....when family found their blogs/podcasts.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

Well knowing my mom the reverse would probably happen. She's be so thrilled that I'm writing and she'd tell all of her friends, coworkers, and our family to go see it and listen to my podcast. Thats far more emarassing and more difficult to deal with in my mind :) Maybe I'll make her some macaroni art to take home to put on the frige as an offering.

10:20 AM  
Blogger JayT said...

I know where you keep your condenser mic, so I don't think you need to worry about her finding it - LOL

Have fun - can't wait for the stories

JayT

1:47 PM  
Blogger GayProf said...

Enjoy your time with Mom!

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is something unsettling about a guy who tells his mother EVERYTHING. I couldn't trust someone who didn't keep at least one small secret from her.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

I don't get it. I'm a dill. I just don't. :P

9:12 PM  
Blogger Kalv1n said...

Adam, I think there is something very important about having one's own space. Having a journal of sorts is the impression that I get from a great deal of your blog. I value my blog not being known by my family because personally, I would put things in a differnt way. What I'm saying is that it changes the nature of the space, and if that's what you want, go for it.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Jimmi said...

Oh feel my pain!!!

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares