Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas!



Brad and I had a great time at his parents house last night. As usual they bought us many things off of our Amazon wish lists and went above and beyond what they needed to get us.

IMG_1424

I wanted many books this year and that is what I received as you can see. I have never read the classics "In Cold Blood" or "Walden." I have read LOTR and I asked for a hard cover of "The Hobbit" and got it. That the the one with the green cover and the gold runes all over it. I now have the latest Harry Potter book as well. Its good that I got that so now I am motivated to finish the one that precedes this installment. Finally, I got Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook. I am so excited about this book and I cannot wait to get started on the recipes. My parents gave me some gift cards from Banana Republic as well.

In Cold Blood, Walden, and The Hobbit are fantastic books aesthetically and I'm really pleased and impressed to see that publishers are still making quality bound books. In Cold Blood has a typewriter-esque font and the paper is cut unevenly on the sides giving it a really authentic feel. The edition of Walden is annotated and the cover has various leaves imprinted into it. The Hobbit just looks magical and the illustrations were all done by Tolkien. I read the preface to Walden and I am so excited to read that book!

Brad and I just got each other stocking stuffers this year. Our gift to each other is the condo. He was so cute and got me a terrific copper cookie cutter in the shape of Texas. Yee Haww! A very bountiful Christmas indeed! Hope y'all had the same.

I'm interested in seeing what everyone else got this year so don't be shy and tell us what you got.
IMG_1433

8 Comments:

Blogger jjd said...

cute pic! glad you had a very merry christmas indeed.

2:31 PM  
Blogger DanNation said...

It is a cute pic. You look really happy. I feel like Martha today, with my apron on and making a holiday dinner. I've bought Best Buy gift cards that I'm tucking under the placemat of each guest.

Now all I need is to weave dollies out of used bread ties and I would BE Martha.

Merry Christmas, Adam!

2:47 PM  
Blogger GayProf said...

Merry Christmas, Adam! You know I am a big fan of your blog, but it is worth saying again.

Enjoy the rest of the holiday!

6:39 PM  
Blogger tim said...

Wow, a Texas cookie cutter.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

YOU are such a cutie! I got power tools and shirts! Yee haw!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

Books are a GREAT gift! You are going to LOVE "In Cold Blood" - and how did you get out of HS without reading "Walden"?

What a GREAT PIC also!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Knute123 said...

I love you and miss you this year!

I had another "Breathe it in and breathe it out" year. Our Christmas song was well represented in my little corner of the institution.

I'm glad you received such gifts! Merry Christmas!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Nathan said...

Oh look at you and your Martha book. You look so proud :)

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas!

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares