Saturday, October 01, 2005

Mixed Signals





There is a shirt that I wear to the gym quite often. It is an artifact from the day when I was a devout catholic boy. I used to sing in the choir, I was a lector, and I was highly involved in the youth group and the confirmation group. More than anything I was attracted by the ritual of the catholic church, but there were times where I felt as if I was being filled with the holy spirit. I see now that it was just the singing and being around all my friends that I enjoyed.

Being that I was so involved in church I received many free T-Shirts, . This is my all time favorite free T-Shirt and I got it when I was a freshman in high school. My best friend Heather, who was involved with the church then as well, can attest to the greatness of this T-Shirt as well, she wears hers to sleep and swears its the most comfortable shirt she owns. In fact even after we had left the church for other viewpoints of faith, we used to ask her mother, who worked at the church, that if there were any extra SPIRIT shirts that she should pass them on to us.

Because of its comfort and the fact that its very flattering to my features (chest, arms, shoulders), I wear it to the gym on a regular basis. Being that I am gay and that I love to look at men, especially muscled men, I think I have confused many of the gay and the straight patrons at my gym. They see a young man gawking at muscly men wearing a shirt with SPIRIT emblazened on the back of it accompanied by a cross that is emanating light. On the front left there is another SPIRIT and underneath "St. Pat's Teens." They must be utterly confused.

4 Comments:

Blogger tornwordo said...

Can't you just take the picture of the shirt with you in it?

And only the gay guys are pondering the shirt and you, the straight ones are oblivious.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

I would have taken a picture of me in the shirt alas I had come home from the gym as was a sweaty beast. If you really want to see me in it then I will arrange for it to be so. :)

1:17 PM  
Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon said...

are you too sexcy for your shirt? sorry A Right Said Fred hit of the early 90's!!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

we're well aware of the genius of Right Said Fred here in the states.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares