Thursday, December 01, 2005

Le Match De Basket


Last night I went out with some friends from work to the Mavericks game vs. the Spurs. It was a a terrific game. The score stayed real close the entire time and we almost had the Spurs beat in the last 20 seconds but it wasn't meant to be. I kinda figured they were gonna lose since they beat the Toronto Raptors by the skin of their teeth on Tuesday night. I mean c'mon a team like the Mavs shouldn't be neck and neck with the Toronto Raptors. That plus the fact that they beat the Spurs the last time they played it was meant to be this way.

It was my first time to American Airlines Center since moving to Dallas and I was really impressed at the enormity of the space. Its been a while since I've been in one of the newer arenas that have been built in the nation in the past couple of years. I think Brad and I will be going to more games since we live so close the arena. We had the cheap seats all the way up in the rafters but the view was surprisingly excellent. I don't see why you'd want to pay more unless you really had to be closer. Next week I'll be at the Dallas Stars hockey game on Wednesday night. I haven't been to a hockey game in so long; I'm really looking forward to it.

Administrative Garbage


Just some quick administrative blog garbage. I added my AIM handle to the sidebar under my email link. When I'm on AIM it will light up. Feel free to IM me I really enjoying chatting with people so don't be shy. Also I've added a creative commons license to my blog. Its something that all you other bloggers should look into. We all have really interesting stories to tell and they would all make terrific magazine articles, books, and Lifetime movies. Its a good idea to claim your blog as your own original work just to make sure that when that wild night you had that ended up with you laying in the gutter with your thumb up your friend's ass gets turned into a third tier made-for-TV movie that you get the proper credit for it. You can check out the licenses available at Creative Commons. Oh you can also license your photos for those of you that have flickr accounts as well.

Here are some pictures from the game. Although my eyes are kinda halfway shut stoner style I really like the picture, it amuses me. Now that its cold I live in this hoodie.
IMG_1282
Like I said we were up in the rafters.
IMG_1288
IMG_1273
The junk food was deeeelicious!
IMG_1293

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate sports, but the junk food does sound yummy.

Good idea on the Creative Commons. If a story about sticking your thumb up your friend's ass ever does become a movie, I can't wait to see it.

There really is a shortage of thumb-fucking movies, don't ya think?

Love the stoner pics :)

10:32 AM  
Blogger jeremy said...

I remember my dad taking my brother and I to Reunion Arena (before AAC) and we'd leave at half time 'cuz the Mavs were losing so bad. I became a fan again when my fave Canadian joined the team--now he's gone, but I still have a soft spot for them. (I'm going to a Sonics game tonight.)

11:06 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

Being a sports junkie, I am SO JEALOUS! Tickets are SO PRICEY here for the Magic that it is not something that you can do every night or even a couple times a season.

The outside of the AA Arena is beautiful - nice to see some shots of the inside... the Magic are screaming that they need a new arena here - not sure I agree with them, given the one they are in is about 15 years old - and still one of the nicest looking ones around -skyboxes suck - and my guess is that is why they want a new one!

11:17 AM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Thanks for the Creative Commons thing. I always thought it was kind of automatic, but I guess not. Great pics too.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I *still* haven't been to the AA Center so thanks for the sneak peak. Nose-bleed seats are all that are left for ColdPlay but maybe I will go anyway, considering.

Great idea about Creative Commons, clicking my way over.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares