Sunday, November 27, 2005

Conservatives From The Great Beyond



I had the strangest dream last night. I was in a parking lot of a church and George Bush was setting up a bar-b-que wagon. It was one of those old Calistoga covered wagons and he was cooking out of the back of it. What was really creepy was that W was remarkably nice. He was downright likable.

If I start writing about the virtues of W on my blog then you know they've poisoned the water here and you must come and rescue me.

Yesterday in the mail I got a response letter from my senator, Kay Bailey Hutchinson, regarding my outcry on the nomination of Harriet Miers. I wrote her my thoughts in early October. They wrote the letter on October 25 and I just got it on November 25. Odd, no? It takes one month for a letter from a Senator to reach a constituent?

What's really great about the letter is that it's in support of Miers; three days after the letter was written, October 28, Miers withdrew herself from the nomination. I'm going to keep this reply from Senator Hutchinson in case she tries to pull any kind of revisionist bullshit (also known as flip-flopping(c) by some) by saying that she thought the Miers nomination was a mistake in an attempt to separate herself from Bush and win votes. After writing her a letter expressing my disgust over her recent comments regarding the Plame affair she should know that I'm watching her closely.

2 Comments:

Blogger Spider said...

You go Adam - keep them on their toes! My Senators and congressmen have stopped responding to me - which REALLY pisses me off... an electronic response e-mail doesn't count in my book...

8:47 AM  
Blogger jjd said...

uh oh. sounds like the CIA or someone is using some kind of high-frequency sleep interference in an effort to boost GW's sagging poll numbers.. unless.. could..it be in the christmas music subliminally being piped around everywhere!?!

you've got me paranoid now!

ps - I still haven't received a reply from my senator regarding the white phospherous...

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares