Monday, November 21, 2005

How am I not myself?



Darin over at All Preparation and No H posted a clever list of ways to de-gay ones house in preparation for holiday visitors. I really enjoyed the post but I seem to have had an allergic reaction to it.

In light of the recent votes in Texas against the gays and the increased voracity with which evangelicals are wearing their beliefs on their sleeves I have decided not to de-gay my house anymore when family or "straights" come to visit. If I have to endure crucifixes, bibles, speaking to the air before eating food, country kitchen tchotkies alongside coasters and cute frige magnets from the Lillian Vernon that uphold archaic judeo-christian gender roles, then the "straights" that come into my domicile will have to endure MY reality.

I don't see why should I be forced to portray myself as some kind of quasi-hetero frankenfag by hiding reading material and decor items that I have around my house normally. If you cant stomach magazines with half-naked or naked men, Out magazine, magnets and pot holders that proclaim me as The Queen, and catalogs that feature underwear whose sole purpose is for gratuitous exposure of the male genitalia then you don't have to come over. If I can manage to go to the bathroom and take a piss with christ on the cross looking down into the toilet then I think "straights" should be able to endure some queerness just the same.

6 Comments:

Blogger tim said...

Amen, Sistah. Preach it and preach it loud.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

You said it Adam... I stopped doing that a long time ago at the cottge... are you coming to see me or what I have in my house - if it is to see me, then you won't care what is around and if you are coming to see what is around, I don't need you...

12:04 PM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Do people really do that? I suppose I may have stashed a few sex play items before company came over a few times, but it wasn't because they were straight necessarily, lol.

But I know what you mean about the crosses, in the bathroom. Like a big sign saying, "Do not think about the shit you are excreting, nor entertain impure thoughts, think only how I died for you...."

This whole topic makes me giggle.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Scott E D said...

That is excellent. I had the same reaction to his post.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Darin said...

Go YOU!!!!!

2:36 PM  
Blogger jjd said...

The only thing I hide when people come over is the lube.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares