Saturday, January 21, 2006

Exhausted

I am exhausted. Brad and I tackled painting the living room of our new home today with the help of our friend Melissa. If it weren't for her assistance we would have never gotten it done so well and so quickly. The result is fantastic and I won't post any pictures until all of our stuff is inside. Tomorrow is the dining room. I'm glad we're taking care of the painting now. I think if we had waited we would have never really done it.

This morning we went to the Home Depot to pick up paint and paint supplies. While waiting for our paint to get mixed I was able to observe the Saturday patrons of home improvement warehouses. I realized that we are part of a new faction of the gay community, a faction I have deemed the homowners. Our Home Depot is perhaps the gayest place outside of the gayborhood. I was pleased to see that at least 50% of the shoppers were homowners. Most all of them we're coupled but I did see some single ones, or at least they were alone. So for those of you that are single and not into the bar scene, have you tried Home Depot?

We also met two of our neighbors today. They both seemed very nice. One of them has a W sticker on his car and normally I'd be cursing his name up and down but he was sincerely a nice man. I'm not going to fixate on it since he is living in the gayborhood and and our condo complex, of eight units, is mostly gay. One bright side I thought of having a Republican in our complex is that he would most likely not support spending of HOA money on frivolous projects. I'm trying my best here people.

So based on an idea that I think originated from an article at the The Huffington Post about the White House demanding internet search engine records from MSN, AOL, and Yahoo, lets give the White House something to read. Go to one of those search engines and type your favorite anti-Bushism. I like "George Bush sucks cock." If enough people do this when the White House requests the search engine records from any random day the President we'll know we're thinking of him.

5 Comments:

Blogger jjd said...

heh, thats an interesting idea regarding yahoo searches..

I think you are totally right on the painting thing. You obviously are smart about it and doing as much as possible before moving stuff in. Way to use your homobrain.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

In Phoenix, there'a couple of homo Depots. I actually prefer Lowes, as it's much cleaner and the presentation is awesome (compared to HD). As for the Republicans...there ARE some nice ones (not many...but yet there are a couple). Hopefully one of the good ones lives next to you. You'll need to post pics of your masterpiece al a home.

10:51 AM  
Blogger GayProf said...

Congratulations (somewhat belated) on the new place! Painting can be oddly rewarding as you see the improvement almost immediately.

I hope both of you are happy in your new digs!

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That had me rolling! I think it's time for a little MSN search.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

I know you all are excited about doing work in your OWN house... what a wonderful feeling...

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares