Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I'm As Moist As a Snack Cake Down There

I don't normally watch Letterman and I never watch anything live anymore but my TiVo has a mandate (one that is over 51% so its a real mandate) to record anything that has Sedaris in it. Last night I watched the Jan 6th episode of Letterman's show and Amy Sedaris was on and it was the best I'd ever seen her live. I seriously love and envy her and her brother's talent and liberation. Think about it. Wouldn't you love to make your living based on portraying a middle aged high-school drop out former junkie and make cupcakes and cheeseballs for the citizenry of New York City? I'd much rather be doing that! I think I could be bordering on jejune to wax philosophical about the Sedarises (whats the plural of Sedaris?) but I think that they are two pieces of performance art that need to be cherished as national treasures. If we could dip them in bronze to preserve them without killing them I'd say lets do it.

Anyway, Amy was hilarious on Letterman and she took over the show. Somehow, in a very clever way, she managed to interview Dave rather than him interviewing her. The best part though was where she elicited him to say this, "Sometimes I feel like I'm just a pimp for the motion picture industry." It was said in jest but I think there is a grain of truth in every joke. Unfortunately I don't think the audience quite understood her brand of comedy. Pfft! Heteros!

I'm such a huge fan of hers that I had to take pictures of her from the TV. This is the third time I've taken photos from the TV and posted them on my blog. I think I've found my niche in photography no?
Sedaris

5 Comments:

Blogger jeremy said...

i love her so much!! she's always aces when she's on dave. did you see the one where she gave a tour of her chelsea neighborhood at 4 in the morning? there's also rumors about her taking over for dave . . .

11:00 AM  
Blogger DanNation said...

She's awesome. The funny thing is that there is a lady in town who looks exactly like Amy's character on "Strangers with Candy." I can never look at her and keep a straight face.

11:28 AM  
Blogger jjd said...

aww poop. I wish I had seen this or had a tivo to watch it with. Next time send me a copy? :-) I love me some sedari

12:37 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

I love the Sedarises also. I saw a new book by David Sedaris in the new release section, have you read it? Is it good?

12:08 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I love them both. And I love the fact that she's not afraid to make herself look ridiculous.

Sheer brilliance.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares