Thursday, February 09, 2006

Butter and Fashion

Whilst Brad was off doing philosophical things this evening I had the house to myself. It was weird occupying all the new space alone. I wouldn't sat that I'm totally and utterly dependent on Brad but "I just don't know what to do with myself" when he's not around. I cracked open my oh so pedestrian but oh so useful 365 ways to cook chicken cookbook and started on making a quick recipe.

I have to admit that I was a but nervous about the recipe. The sauce to cover the chicken that had already been browned in oil consisted of six tablespoons of butter, the juice of one lime, two chopped green onions, and a half a tablespoon of dill weed. I poured the translucent concoction on my browned boneless beauties and I cut a piece off of one of the breasts in my plate. I tasted. I masticated. How did I ever come to doubt my humdrum 365 ways to cook chicken book!? Anything slathered in butter is delicious and this recipe is proof of principle. It would be great on a piece of fish was well. A white fish though. It would clash with the flavor of salmon or tuna.

Anyway. Brad came home and we indulged in Project Runway. I have to tell all of you that although he couldn't be further from my type, I am in love with Daniel Vosovic! His design this week was...peculiar but he has won four of the challenges so far and I think his milky white skin and full head of beautiful brown hair is absolutely stunning. Not to mention his paradoxical small but supple lips. This week the designers served as models and Daniel was dressed by Nick Verreos in an 80s kind of way. He looks hot.

Those of you that have read my blog in the past know that I love taking photos od television shows. Wednesdays episode of Project Runway was a smorgasbord of photographic moments. Here are some of the frames I captured with the stunning Daniel V. as the first in this set.

IMG_1576

IMG_1580

IMG_1593

IMG_1612

IMG_1579

IMG_1590

The best comment of the night was when Michael Cors said about Nick Verreos' design from Daniel V., "It looks like a Golden Girls jacket that should be belted and worn with legins."

5 Comments:

Blogger tim said...

First, butter on my hand tastes good. But as a good substitute, try Earth Balance Soy Spread from Whole Foods. I actually use that instead of butter. Not that I am trying to be extra healthy but I am getting older.

Second, ummmmm, as good as butter? Maybe not, but Daniel Vosovic is a hottie. Too bad they kept monkey-face Santino instead of Nick. But as long as Chloe and Dan V. are on, I am watching.

10:55 AM  
Blogger jeremy said...

Everyone loves Daniel V. I don't see it.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Nathan said...

mmmm, come cook for me now :D

1:04 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

So - you gonna share the recipe or not? Sounds too good to keep to yourself buddy...

3:18 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Sauce sound mighty good, might have to test drive :)

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares