Monday, April 10, 2006

Baking Again

Well I cannot help myself. Every time I bake something from the Martha Stewart cookbook I got for christmas it comes out so well I have to share it with all of you. In fact I'm so pleased with my confections that I wish you could all have a sample.

First there were the Pignoli Cookies.

Then there were the Lemon Madeleines.

But I think I've hit the jackpot with the particular recipe, oatmeal raisin cookies. A simple cookie, downright trite one might say, but this recipe is so good. I don't care what Donald Trump or others say, Martha is a genius. When push comes to shove someone who brings joy to my life via food is far more impressive than someone who pollutes manhattan and other cities with gaudy sckyscrapers.

What different about this recipe from oatmeal raisin cookies I've made in the past? Well this recipe uses shredded coconut and 1/3 of grade B maple syrup. Martha says grade B is better because it has a deeper flavor than grade A. I trust her and the cookies are fabulous!

IMG_1960


Oh, also, I don't normally do this but this man was so exceptionally hot that I have to. Who is the man that played Tony Soprano's new driver on The Soprano's last night? He was so hot it hurt to look at him and I was raised catholic so I need to inflict more pain on myself by looking at more pictures of him. So, If anyone wouldn't mind sending them my way I'd appreciate it.

15 Comments:

Blogger Rey Rey said...

Jesus, Adam... I'm sitting here STARVING... Seriously starving and it's 12:42am on a Sunday night. And what the hell is open around me? Nada. N-A-D-A... and you have to post about the cookies... and that there's maple syrup AND coconut... Grrrrr.

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

adam, if you're into S&M all you had to do was tell me, hahaha

12:14 AM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

The cookies like delicious. I'm not a fan of coconut, though I have been surprised to find it tucked into some of my favorite sweets recipes. Send Martha a hand written thank you note, perhaps you'll get a reply!

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are just beautiful.

8:06 AM  
Blogger jeremy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:48 AM  
Blogger jeremy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:49 AM  
Blogger jeremy said...

ok for the third time, let's try this again:
ask and you shall receive

8:50 AM  
Blogger vuboq said...

Do you need my mailing address just in case you get the uncontrollable urge to send anyone a cookie care package?

I haven't baked in ages. Maybe I should while I have access to John's huge oven. hmmm ...

8:55 AM  
Blogger Nathan said...

I don't normally like oatmeal raisin cookies, but I would certainly love to try some of yours, Mr. Stewart.

Funny that you brought up cooking because I was recently wondering why you never blog about cooking anymore. Also, I fell in love with a blog over this weekend called Bloghungry. And I thought to myself "Adam would love this!".

So I'm glad you're back in the kitchen with Martha :)

Happy Cooking!

11:05 AM  
Blogger GayProf said...

They look like they could easily be in the picture that went with the recipe. Martha probably could not have done any better!

Now, why not FedEx some my way?

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

these boys sure are buttering your biscuits, huh? hahaha

2:49 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

YUM!
I need recipes ;)

3:32 PM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

Oh Adam, I'm just reading this before work and those cookies are mouthwatering. I can almost smell them from here.

4:51 PM  
Blogger gayborhood gringo said...

forget what I said last night, after seeing them I think I could forego my diet for a few. I think I'll just walk over the next time you two get to baking.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Those look great Adam! I wouldn't have thought of putting in coconut or maple, creative!

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares