Monday, February 13, 2006

Baking

Many of you know that I got Matha Stewart's Baking Handbook this past Christmas. I had made pignoli cookies a few days after getting the book and have not made anything since. Well this weekend I returned to my baking newly armed with my first piece of silicone bakeware, a mold for Madelines.

Martha has a lovely recipe for these shell-shaped cakes that uses a whole lot of butter, sugar, lemon zest, lemon extract, and the uber-expensive almond flour. A little shout out to Martha on this recipe: It might be wise my dear to have your recipes consist of items that average people can afford to buy. It democratizes your brand.

Since I omitted the almond flour from this recipe I renamed these little cakes Bradelines in honor of Brad. They are splendid and the silicone bakeware preformed satisfactorily.

IMG_1628

IMG_1629

8 Comments:

Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon said...

Hello again,Nice cakes!

the guy in the pic looks a bit cheesy but as he's a sporty dude, i'll give him a 7 out of 10!

8:01 AM  
Blogger GayProf said...

Oooh, your Bradelines look perfect (and what a sweet gesture for Brad!).

Did you like the silicone bakeware? It always kinda creeped me. Call me old fashioned, but I like my bakeware stiff.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Nathan said...

...and you say you've never taken it up the butt!

whateva

but the food does look delicious, dear :)

1:16 PM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Great pics, like from a magazine. If you bought the almond flour, why didn't you use it? Or was this a practice run? They look delish!

7:09 PM  
Blogger tim said...

Isn't Almond Anything just crazy. Just some insight as to why it is so expensive, the almond harvest has been so bad. The prices have quadrupled in the past year. Try hazelnut flour next time. It works too.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

They look so delicious Adam. Bag 'em and snail mail them over. :P

9:24 PM  
Blogger photodenow said...

Ah si Proust voyait tes madelaines!!!

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are called Madeleines, Mon Cher...if you are gonna bake properly, spell it properly.
(French US based dude)

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares