Thursday, June 01, 2006

Krebs Cast #39: Riled, Incensed, Polemic

Krebs Cast #39

Krebs Cast Page

Subscribe in iTunes!

Warning: this podcast is NOT calm, in fact its downright tempestuous. I've awoken from my post weekend slumber and I'm ready to talk about issues again. Its real, its raw, its me and if you don't like it then I especially want you to keep listening!

  • A message from my friend and fellow podcaster, JayT.

    HRC.org

    : Tell your senators to vote NO on the FMA.

  • From Kelly over at Rambling Along in Life: As a sign of solidarity for pride month, put this picture on your blog! If hundreds of thousands of immigrants can rally together then why the hell can't we!?
    rainbow flag sunset.0


  • Was The 2004 Election Stolen? Article from Rolling Stone.

    206-600-KREB

  • 11 Comments:

    Blogger Seeker Onos said...

    Epi-what?

    (congrats for finding/making up a word not in any Latin-Greek dictionaries I have access to...)

    At least we know that you are "epi" or above a mere, common "lonious". :)

    Let Adam gripe if he wants... a good bit of venting never hurt anyone!

    I must admit that discussions on the election-riggings of 2000 and 2004 are probably getting grumpy and tired by now... and such riggings put us a heartbeat or two away from becoming something quite unconstitutional.

    Sadly, my attempts to reverse to modulation on the Enterprise's main deflector dish and slingshot around the sun back to 1999 to un-rig the election has failed. :P

    As for the art of argument that Epi points out:

    I can certainly appreciate the "cold, crushing grip of pure, superior reasoning" in an academic debate... however, humans by nature are emotional and often irrational beings.

    Yes, slippery slopes and appeals to emotion (pathos) are probably not the marks of a sound persuasive argument.

    But, "a little bit of leaven leavens the entire lump of dough". That is, a better use of good logic as a main pillar of an argument, spiced by the right amount of emotional appeal, can be most effective, I think.

    So I guess I am agreeing with Epi for the most part here, but I enjoy hearing Adam rant and get his load off his mind - it tends to jibe well with what my somewhat left of center brain tends to think as well.

    11:07 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You didn't inspire me to do anything but think you as were rude and boring as the first commenter. Platitudes indeed...

    12:27 PM  
    Blogger Kalv1n said...

    Ugh. Epilonious/Psyton, please, please, please, be a little less full of yourself. It makes a comment section stink. Be as trenchant and vile as you want, but just quit patting yourself on the back.

    You're podcast really touched me Adam. And it inspired my next blog post. And I cry too mon petit Krablette. We need to learn that just because we can be invisible as queer people means we have to try and ALWAYS be visible when it is safe.

    1:40 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for an emotional, thoughtful podcast, Adam. If nothing else, you've riled up some homos and perhaps they'll stop popping e tabs and clubbing all night long enough to realize they're going to be victims of an all-new system of pogroms should legislation like the FMA be enacted. And they'd better get riled up and overly-emotional about it.

    1:45 PM  
    Blogger Jihadist Jerry said...

    Still all this fighting and bitching, when you should be join together to fight, to raise you voice in UNISON so you finally begin to get you rights you rightly deserve. Please stop, you make Jihadist Jerry nauseated and sad. If not, well jihad on you!!

    4:12 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The only reason I made my comment anonymously, darling, is to avoid your dribbling your bile on my corner of the web in the same fashion as you have here, on Ragan Fox's site, on Eat This Hot Show's Site and god knows where else. You seem to bust a nut by being the gay podosphere's own Loki, and I ain't having you bring youre paddles to my place to play verbal ping-pong.

    4:50 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    ummm...thanks for posting my picture...going to listen to the podcast in a bit...

    5:49 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    Just listened to the podcast and left a comment there..but basically, thanks for the wonderful words about my picture and getting the word out...actually listening to you read what I wrote choked me up a bit...things feel different when you hear them...thanks!!! and for the record...I have now hit over 21 blogs with the picture...thanks to everyone and I hope that number keeps going up over the month...we will see...can we actually outdo the immigrants??? Thanks again...you have a new listener...

    7:31 PM  
    Blogger Darin said...

    Did you throw my name in this podcast..to see if I ever listen to your jink???

    Well...I listened...and yes... I was laughing...

    but I also logged on to HRC and clicked the "red box".

    3:47 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i am so happy to hear this. i was ranting and raving all morning about this, and now I get to remember that I am not alone.

    love.

    5:42 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Some really, really good points in this show. I called & emailed my senators and clicked the red box.

    I also posted the picture.

    10:11 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

    Powered by Blogger

    Listed on BlogShares