Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Trite But True

Sometimes you go to a place and you leave a piece of your heart there. This happens because of the inherent beauty of place, the streets, the sounds, the smells, the sights, and even the id that results from all of those aspects. If you're fortunate enough you can share this experience with others that are visiting and it can serve as a context for the forging of friendships. If you're even more fortunate you're able to meet people that live in that place and forge friendships with them as well.

I had been to San Francisco many times before last week but never really dove into the city like I did this time. Nor have I experienced the pangs of withdrawal after having left the city and returning home. Thats when you know you're in love, when it hurts to say goodbye.

My experience this time went beyond the notion of Pride and beyond the simplistic idea of a vacation. It was an adventure that I will remember forever and I will never forget my phenomenal week I had with the city itself, others who traveled from around the nation to be there, and especially those who lived there and welcomed their guests like old friends although they were meeting many of them for the first time.

No matter how trite it may sound, its all too true to say, I left my heart in San Francisco.

To read an amazing tribute to the week head over to JD's blog post here.

Atari, Daryl, Rey, Michael, Kel, Darin, Darin, Kalvin, JD, Chad, Jake, Nick, Jeff, JetBoy, Donnan, and Dan and anybody else that I met if I left you out thank you for an amazing time.

A picture podcast or a photo movie will be posted soon so y'all can see the photos without having to scroll down to the thenth level of hell. I have 488 photos.

20 Comments:

Blogger Chox said...

I think I'm feeling the same way. This weekend went above and beyond what I thought it was going to be.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Great to see you guys had such a grand time. Can't wait to see all the photographs! I wonder if there were and podcasting appearances...

1:08 AM  
Blogger jeremy said...

I'll have to mosey down to SF Pride next year, methinks . . .

3:13 AM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Ahh SF. No place like it....except Montreal! I too have left my heart in SF (it was easy when I lived in LA) and I know the "vacation is over" patina that you are feeling now. I moved to the city that stole my heart and have not regretted it.

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a great time, david and i would love to have been there. at least we have that wonderful voicemail that we will be sharing with the world very soon - thank you chad fox!

8:56 AM  
Blogger IPinchU said...

San Francisco, Staten Island???

What's he difference :)

xoxo

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JD's assessment of you and Brad could not have been more accurate. It brought a tear to my eye. Well? When are we moving?

xxx

10:43 AM  
Blogger VJnet said...

I miss San Francisco, too. Can't wait to see the photos. It sounds like you all had an awesome time.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Jimmi said...

God, I really feel like I missed out on so much more than Pride in San Francisco! Damn...

12:50 PM  
Blogger Nathan said...

The photos you've posted so far are great, but I think this one should be the poster of pride 2007.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Rey Rey said...

It's amazing... I think we all got the same thing out of the weekend. And the pics don't do it justice. Great memories are attached but most of what I carry back were the conversations and the smiles and laughs.

Ok, just call me "Mr. Cornball" from now on.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Rick Andreoli said...

Okay, seriously, Nathan's posted pic (above) made me practically piss! Hilarious! And congrats on the BBQ. Between that and my same feelings about San Francisco, and it's like we're now related.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Glad you had an amazing time, Adam.

I loved the 14 years I lived in SF and certainly a part of me is still there in spirit, but it isnt the part of me that almost went broke trying to pay for everything :)

4:26 PM  
Blogger GayProf said...

It sounds great!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Were going to go meet the SF blogger crew for our normal weekly drinks at Sadlands (Badlands) I wish you boys were gonna be there.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Darin said...

Gadam...*tsk*..what can I say? This past weekend was something that I can't even start to describe. So I won't even try.

Let's just say this...you and B-rad are two of the most sweetest guys out there.

I wish EVERYONE could experience having BOTH of you try to tell the SAME story at the SAME time. Darin#2 and I are STILL cracking up at you both.

PRICELESS.

12:14 AM  
Blogger Kalv1n said...

If you don't come to Folsom and stay with us, I will be pissed. I miss you! :(

12:27 AM  
Blogger john said...

I'm glad you had a good time.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos!! I'm just wondering one thing, why is Darin wearing a ski cap in the middle of summer?!

Captain Cox

12:22 PM  
Blogger Jihadist Jerry said...

Thanks for the invite. :( Jihadist Jerry is much sad.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares