Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Today I'm Happy

Today I'm happy. The FMA was killed today in the Senate. Now that this shitstorm is over I think it would be nice if y'all headed over to The US Senate's Web Page and write a big thank you letter to all the Senators that voted to kill this legislation.

Here's the link to the vote record.

Here's the vote results:

FMA Vote


Be sure to THANK the senators who voted no, let them know you care, let them know that you appreciate it and that you were watching.

rainbow flag sunset.0

  • Picture courtesy of Kelly from Rambling Along in Life With a Stern Point of View
  • 6 Comments:

    Blogger Guys' Guy said...

    Well as Happy as I am to hear that news...I am also saddened because the two Ohio Douche bag senators voted for FMA...so instead of thanking them, I gave them a piece of my mind....read my blog tomorrow if you want to see my e-mail.

    5:29 PM  
    Blogger Seeker Onos said...

    I'm soewhat indifferent on the results of the amendment (although it is noteworthy that the vote was decided by two senators that defected to the "no" camp on short notice).

    This whole FMA thing is really a collosal distraction.

    I mean, the country is literally falling apart through gross governmental incompetence, lack of health care, foreign wars, and mind-bendingly huge trade deficits... and Bush's answer?

    Push through some silly measures to distract everyone into (supposedly) being all bent out of shape over some LGBTs that want to get married.

    8:29 PM  
    Blogger Guys' Guy said...

    I agree with you about the distraction thing. That always seems to be the case when Bush is up to something. But I think whether Gay Marriage Rights are for you or any other gay person is beside the point because some gay person somewhere does care and as a gay community we should all care.

    But like you said, I think this was a smoke screen as well.

    9:16 PM  
    Blogger Polt said...

    Hey, thanks for the listing of who voted which way, man. I was looking for that to send thank you's to the ones who voted against it!

    2:02 PM  
    Blogger Guys' Guy said...

    Polt...you can add Dewine & Voinovich from Ohio to your list....Believe me I sent them a little piece of e-mail THANKING them for their support.

    2:40 PM  
    Anonymous Untitled said...

    Greatt blog you have

    8:07 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

    Powered by Blogger

    Listed on BlogShares