Monday, December 05, 2005

A Little Cup O' Love




soy latte poured by Shane @ Victrola
Originally uploaded by tonx.
I had the best surprise today when I got coffee at a non-Starbucks cafe here in Dallas named Gachet. When I was handed my latte the foam on top had a lovely flower design in it. At first I thought, "What a happy accident." I even asked the barista if the floral design was on purpose and she giggled and said yes. My jaw went slack and I thanked her profusely for making my latte so special. She giggled with pride in her creation and said thank you.

I told Brad about it when I picked him up from work and he told me that latte art is something that he had read about on the internet. I did a google search and lo and behold there is a Flickr photoset with latte art. Amazing.

If you're in Dallas check out Gachet. Not only do you get a lovely design in your coffee it actually tastes good too; better than Starbucks. Not only that but it has FREE WiFi and you can call ahead and order your coffee so that its waiting when you arrive. No waiting in line in the morning. The only thing extra I've ever gotten in my Starbucks is an unwelcomed shot of attitude.

Gachet Coffee Lounge
1804 Greenville Ave
Dallas, TX 75206
214.887.8095


P.S. my Say It Sunday post finally posted along with all the other trials I made yesterday. I've put it down below with Sunday's transcription.

8 Comments:

Blogger tornwordo said...

Pretty coffee. I guess if you like milk in it. Mine always looks the same - black.

5:18 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

They could be drawing copies of the Mona Lisa in mine, I grab it out of Zack's hand so fast and just start sucking it down... the morning elixor of the Gods if you ask me. Maybe I should start checking under the plastic cap - no telling WHAT they could be putting in there...

6:59 AM  
Blogger Sheri said...

How neat! Isn't it funny how tiny things can make a day special? Lots of tiny things=1 big smile on a face.

Nice post!

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome. I don't drink any kind of coffee, but if I'm ever in Dallas, I would stop by specifically to try it myself :)

9:38 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

I'm checking this place out!

I'm with you on Starbucks badititude, particularly the one in West Village. They behave as though they are doing you a huge favor by doing their job.

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cool picture. It's amazing that even coffee can be turned into art.

10:45 AM  
Blogger jeremy said...

the international barista competition is held here every year (surprise) and every year on the news, they invariably have some new foam shape or design to display. if you and brad ever visit seattle, you've gotta go to vivace. its the best coffee i've ever had.

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh-oh. Soon someone is going to see the Virgin Mary in their latte....just try and get a cup of coffee when there's a thousand pilgrims in line ahead of you.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares