Saturday, December 03, 2005

Mall Excursion


My friend Greg is going to be proposing to his girlfriend this Christmas when he goes home to Paris to see her. Therefore he needed to buy a ring. Kim and I accompanied him to the galleria this afternoon amidst the sea of holiday shoppers. Its rare that I go this north in Dallas and I hadn't been in some time so I was looking forward to seeing how the majority of Dallas spends their weekends. Greg was a bit nervous about the big leap so we did our best to make the excursion fun.

After lunch we encountered one of those kiosks that sells shit that you really really don't need like hair extensions and cell phone covers with your alma mater's logo all over it. This particular kiosk was hocking fake puppies and kittens. They looked remarkably realistic and to top it off they're bellies would move up and down to make it look like they were breathing.
IMG_1303
It was especially disturbing that when you picked these faux critters up from their beds they were completely flat on the bottom. I was getting terrible thoughts at that point that maybe these were taxidermy. Dog anyone?
IMG_1307
We moved on to Nordstrom where Kim and Greg raided the discount winter accessories. Fabulous darling!
IMG_1319
Obviously a mannequin done by a gay employee at Nordstrom.
IMG_1320
Not to be outdone by Kim and Greg's display I found a rather fetching hat and posed while Kim worked as my fashion photographer. I think its amusing that this is another photo of me with coffee.
IMG_1323
IMG_1325
As the day ended we were greeted with stunning anti-war propaganda. There is actually quite a bit of these kinds of flyers posted around Dallas. I need to find who's doing this and join them!
IMG_1328

5 Comments:

Blogger myke said...

the beard looks good on you, sir!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

OMG - I saw those pets last night at the mall... and thought the same thing when I picked them up! It gave me the creeps right away...

I agree with myke - love the beard!

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

triple woof.

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pets are definitely the result of taxidermy. eck

I've seen them in our mall too.

10:41 PM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

I haven't seen the faux pets yet. Creepy. It's funny, I've always got a coffee glued to my palm as well.

Great pics too.

5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares