Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Obligatory Brokeback Mountain Post



I saw it. Just like the short story it was very moving. I still don't quite understand all the fuss everyone is making over it, especially over the impact its going have on society. Stogy tight-lipped wrinkly republicunts hate hollywood as it is. Its not like rednecks are gonna say, "Hey. Them cowboys was gay and they wurnt so bad. Theyz jus in lerve. Guess we aught not be so mearn to 'em fags naw."

I can't decide if its due to the fact that Ennis' character is far more complex than Jack's but Heath Ledger was the star of this movie hands down. He acted circles around Jake GyllenhaalI. I have to give nods to Ann Hathaway and the old woman who played Jack's mother. They really stood out in their supporting roles.

I didn't cry. You probably think I have a heart of stone for not bawling like a baby but it didn't get to me that way. So just to prove I'm not an ice queen...

Some movies that make me cry:
E.T.
The Color Purple
Beaches
An American Tail
The Godfather Part II & III
Magnolia
Angels in America
Cinema Paradiso
Todo Sobre Mi Madre
Terms of Endearment

12 Comments:

Blogger Darin said...

I didn't cry either.

In fact..I don't see what all the "hub bub" is about it.

It's just a flick.

2:10 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

For those of us "more mature" bloggers,

The Way We Were
Brian's Song
Love Story
Old Yeller
Sophie's Choice

and some on your list also...

7:54 AM  
Blogger jjd said...

adam, you forgot to add:

king kong.

you wuss!


what about where the red fern grows? now there's a tear-jerker!

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wuss? King Kong is a sad flick. There is nothing wuss-like about shedding tears while watching that film! Adam, family is here from NY and I'm pretty sure they cleared out the entirety of fashion square mall.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Nathan said...

naw, you don't have a heart of ice. If it ever comes to Nashville, I will let you know if I cried :)

11:23 AM  
Blogger DanNation said...

I definitely cried in Cinema Paradiso - it is my favorite movie, and the scene where the lead character is sitting in the movie theater watching all the edited clips of people kissing gets me everytime. Another movie that made me cry as a kid: "Something for Joey," a TV movie about John Cappalleti (sp?) from the LA Rams who gave his Heisman Trophy to his kid brother, Joey, who had leukemia. I still remember the last thing in the film was a slide that said "Joey died one month later." It killed me.

11:38 AM  
Blogger jeremy said...

why the godfather 2 & 3? is it cuz you're a dago? (and i'm not using that term in an offensive manner--in fact, i think you called yourself one a while back)

11:53 AM  
Blogger jjd said...

uh, i wasn't really calling adam a wuss, sweet nikki. I think I told him that I'd cry watching the same movie, I'm a sap for bambi-humans-hurting-innocent-animal movies.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

man this list is growing.

you missed Bambi.

I would guess I have cried for 90% of the others here.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

ooooops I see jjd got it ;-)

2:12 PM  
Blogger Knute123 said...

It isn't a movie, but the series finale of Six Feet Under makes me cry so hard every single time I see it. It was amazingly touching.

As for a movie that gets me, Sophie's Choice is way up there.

3:06 PM  
Blogger GayProf said...

What's wrong with being an ice queen?

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares