Monday, January 23, 2006

Curmudgeonly Yours, Adam.

I feel exactly like Tornwordo today. I have nothing to say thats all that insightful or interesting but unlike my fellow blogger I am going to bitch and moan.

The reasons why today sucks (with commentary from the voices of Adam's Mom and Dad that exist in his head):

-I had to wake up early for weekly lab meeting. (Deal with it.)

-I forgot that I had an experiment to analyze today and therefore skipped lab meeting to prepare for that in a hurry. (Thats your own fault. You should have checked your calendar before leaving work on Friday.)

-Did not have time for breakfast. Nobody is safe from the wrath of a hungry Sicilian. (Oh poor baby. You have to have something to tell your therapist later.)

-I had to make my coffee with tap water because I didn't have time to stop and buy spring water on the way to work for my coffee machine. I believe that good coffee starts with good water. (Again, deal with it.)

-Only drank half of my cup of coffee before it got cold because I was preparing for the experiment I forgot about and didn't have time to enjoy my coffee and blogs in the morning when I got to work. (Shouldn't you be working when you get to work in the morning?)

-I deeply deeply dislike moving. (Sometimes you have to do things that you don't like to do, thats life kiddo.)

-I deeply deeply dislike that one has to apply nasty stinky grey primer to a wall before painting it "Vintage Merlot." (Did someone force you to paint the dining room that color? You made your bed now sleep in it.)

-I'll be too tired to go to the gym after work today. (I think you'll live. Stop pouting and get to work.)

I think thats it. I feel like I'm 14 again and the world is against me. I have to admit that I'm somewhat enjoying my angsty emotions but its taking a lot of effort to keep my causticity from boiling over onto my colleagues. Hopefully I'll simmer down by the end of today. Wow, I'm a high maintenance bitch aren't I? Love ya Mom and Dad!

6 Comments:

Blogger DanNation said...

So, if you don't get to go to they gym lift some heavy furniture as part of your move; if you don't get good water for coffee, skip the caffeine for today; and, if you hate moving, think of the satisfaction of owning your own home. Better yet, you'll save a bundle in taxes.

There, did I cheer you up?

11:33 AM  
Blogger GayProf said...

I had to make my coffee with tap water because I didn't have time to stop and buy spring water on the way to work for my coffee machine.

I understand your (imaginary) parents’ point – but sometimes you just need a solid cup of joe, not tortured brown water.

12:02 PM  
Blogger jjd said...

moving is a very very stressful time... (very)

12:11 PM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Hey, I think your parents live in my head too. And you did a much better job than I did. Bravo.

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh but you're still my favorite curmudgeon - even when you're bashing republicans :)

6:46 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

Damn - I thought I was the only one who had the Mom and Dad conversations in my head - very imaginative post - really enjoyed it Adam.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares