Monday, January 23, 2006

Curmudgeonly Yours, Adam.

I feel exactly like Tornwordo today. I have nothing to say thats all that insightful or interesting but unlike my fellow blogger I am going to bitch and moan.

The reasons why today sucks (with commentary from the voices of Adam's Mom and Dad that exist in his head):

-I had to wake up early for weekly lab meeting. (Deal with it.)

-I forgot that I had an experiment to analyze today and therefore skipped lab meeting to prepare for that in a hurry. (Thats your own fault. You should have checked your calendar before leaving work on Friday.)

-Did not have time for breakfast. Nobody is safe from the wrath of a hungry Sicilian. (Oh poor baby. You have to have something to tell your therapist later.)

-I had to make my coffee with tap water because I didn't have time to stop and buy spring water on the way to work for my coffee machine. I believe that good coffee starts with good water. (Again, deal with it.)

-Only drank half of my cup of coffee before it got cold because I was preparing for the experiment I forgot about and didn't have time to enjoy my coffee and blogs in the morning when I got to work. (Shouldn't you be working when you get to work in the morning?)

-I deeply deeply dislike moving. (Sometimes you have to do things that you don't like to do, thats life kiddo.)

-I deeply deeply dislike that one has to apply nasty stinky grey primer to a wall before painting it "Vintage Merlot." (Did someone force you to paint the dining room that color? You made your bed now sleep in it.)

-I'll be too tired to go to the gym after work today. (I think you'll live. Stop pouting and get to work.)

I think thats it. I feel like I'm 14 again and the world is against me. I have to admit that I'm somewhat enjoying my angsty emotions but its taking a lot of effort to keep my causticity from boiling over onto my colleagues. Hopefully I'll simmer down by the end of today. Wow, I'm a high maintenance bitch aren't I? Love ya Mom and Dad!

10 Comments:

Blogger DanNation said...

So, if you don't get to go to they gym lift some heavy furniture as part of your move; if you don't get good water for coffee, skip the caffeine for today; and, if you hate moving, think of the satisfaction of owning your own home. Better yet, you'll save a bundle in taxes.

There, did I cheer you up?

11:33 AM  
Blogger GayProf said...

I had to make my coffee with tap water because I didn't have time to stop and buy spring water on the way to work for my coffee machine.

I understand your (imaginary) parents’ point – but sometimes you just need a solid cup of joe, not tortured brown water.

12:02 PM  
Blogger jjd said...

moving is a very very stressful time... (very)

12:11 PM  
Blogger Charlie said...

you should make gazpacho this evening in honor of your parents. (for some reason whenever I think of your parents--your father in particular--I think of gazpacho. Which means that you must think the same thing and make gazpacho.)

1:41 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Sorry you're having a bad day. Plan to do something completely frivolous and comforting later, just to make Adam feel better. That's at least as important as other things that can always wait another day.

1:48 PM  
Blogger John said...

I eat twizzlers when I feel like this. Just hold on, peanut, this too shall pass.

2:05 PM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Hey, I think your parents live in my head too. And you did a much better job than I did. Bravo.

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Eliza said...

ahh but you're still my favorite curmudgeon - even when you're bashing republicans :)

6:46 PM  
Blogger Hypoxic said...

With advice like that, no wonder you turned out so well :)

7:00 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

Damn - I thought I was the only one who had the Mom and Dad conversations in my head - very imaginative post - really enjoyed it Adam.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares