Saturday, January 28, 2006

Red Walls Red Meat

Oy! Painting a room red has been an emotional roller coaster. The first coat that I put on in our dining room last night with some friends looked like blood was smeared on the walls. I referred to it as the pig slaughter room. I was freaking out becaues even though we painted with a grey primer to start the paint looked terrible. My friend Kim assured me that the second coat would look good. I was being a drama queen and freaking out and kept thinking that I made a tremendous mistake.

Kim was right though. I was alone this morning at 8am painting the second coat while listening to Evita (the movie recording although I do love Patti Lupone) and I had a nice even vintage merlot on my walls. Crisis averted.

Because Brad couldn't help out today because of some work obligations he rewarded me for my good work with 1/2 lb USDA burger at Who's Who Burger in Highland Park Village. If you're ever in Dallas you have to get a burger here. The food is amazing, a menu with two style of burger: USDA or Kobe Beef. They don't do much but they do it well! The icing on the cake at this place is that you get to see all the fashionistas of Highland Park eating big greasy chesseburgers. I mean how campy is it to see a perfectly coiffed pampered princess with Chanel boots up to her knees in a Burberry overcoat eating a big greasy burger? I love Dallas.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

LOL, if they have a veggie burger, I'm there. Even closer try Top Cat, the fish fry place on Lemmon, reminds me of the Will & Grace episode featuring "Taco Time" :)

Oh yeah, red walls, very nice!

10:18 PM  
Blogger tim said...

Y'all do everything big in Dallas, don't you.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Nathan said...

Our little drama queen :D

I'm glad the red worked out. We have a red dining room. It's not scary at all. You'll love it. Good for you on taking a risk.

11:25 PM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Lol, that's the great thing about painting, if you don't like it, you can change it. Glad it worked out.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

Can't wait to see pics of the room - red is a tricky color... don't have the male appendages to go there in my house. I am going to blue and yellow and green on the walls next month... red just scares me!

9:13 AM  
Blogger jjd said...

my bro and snl did a room red: the tomato room.. actually looks very nice so I'm sure it does look good. now.. only... 8 rooms left? :-)

9:31 AM  
Blogger Boy from Stage Left said...

congrats on the successful redness. I painted my kitchen purple and thought that I was going to have a heart attack. It looked HORRIBLE until after three coats but i couldn't have picked a better color now. GREAT blog!

9:34 PM  
Blogger DanNation said...

I've got "library red" (Behr paints) in my bedroom...I'm sure yours will look great.

2:16 AM  
Blogger jeremy said...

matte or gloss? i'm guessing semi-gloss, but i've been wrong before.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Seeker Onos said...

Kobe Beef HAMBURGERS?

That must be one insanely overpriced burger, unless that is US-produced Kobe Beef.

That stuff is normally 24,000 yen to the kilo (about $110 per pound) in Japan.

There is a ranch in Washington state that breeds Kobe beef cattle under license from the monopoly in Japan, I think that meat usually goes for around $25/pound when I have seen it at our local gourmet butcher shop.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares