Monday, May 01, 2006

Errata and Photos

In my previous podcast, Krebs Cast #31, I made an error in saying that Andy Melton was also known as Andymatic. By clicking on the respective links you will find that they are not the same person. My error, sorry about that.

Annnyway....


Sunday was spent at brunch and museums. The pictures tell the story so enjoy.

This is one of my favorite sculptures at the Nasher Sculpture Center.
IMG_2042


We all feel like this sometimes.
IMG_2043


This sculpture is entitled "Walking To The Sky" and is now part of the permanent collection at the Nasher. I like it.
IMG_2055


The base of "Walking To The Sky." Its bizarre how real they look right when you step outside.
IMG_2056


Me
IMG_2058


A pretty flower in the sculpture garden.
IMG_2062


The center from the garden looking into downtown Dallas.
IMG_2065


The Gayborhood Gringo sans beard looking rather cool.
IMG_2061


Brad inside a sculpture.
IMG_2069


After the Nasher we headed next door to the Dallas Museum of Art to see the Maya Kingship exhibit. It was good but no photography allowed. I really want to get to reading the book 1491 after seeing the exhibit. Its amazing how advanced and rich the Mayan and all of the native American cultures were pre-Coloumbus. After we ambled through the exhibit I found a friend in the gift shop.
IMG_2077


The Dallas Museum of Art
IMG_2078

11 Comments:

Blogger gayborhood gringo said...

I had fun yesterday! Just hope I can grow that beard back pretty quick.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Darin said...

Does anyone in Dallas wear short sleeved shirts? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

9:57 AM  
Blogger Kalv1n said...

Y'alls be so cultural. Actually, I saw a flower like that over the weekend in Golden Gate Park. Is it a new varietal or have I just been blind. I love how it seems like an iris that's kind of flattened out. Great artwork too. One day I'll lug my ass back to the museums (hopefully when there are no tourists in town).

11:58 AM  
Blogger joey said...

I've always wanted to visit the Dallas Museum of Art. If I can just get find a client there so I can get work to ay for the trip!

12:04 PM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

I really like the walking to the sky sculpture. It looks all summery there, pout.

12:33 PM  
Blogger GayProf said...

I wish I could walk to the sky. **sigh**

1:09 PM  
Blogger The Persian said...

beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing! You look so adorable holding that monkey :)

3:37 PM  
Blogger Earl Cootie said...

I went to the Dallas Museum of Art, mmm, not quite twenty years ago and loved it. I don't remember what was on exhibit, but I remember that it was fantastic.

7:56 PM  
Blogger tim said...

I love love love the DMA. I remember it being one of the highlights of my trip to Dallas.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Great photos Adam.
I need to make my way to the Nasher. Looks like fun.

12:45 AM  
Blogger Aethlos said...

wow... SO cool... so glad you showed me this sculpture walking into the sky

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares