Thursday, June 29, 2006

New Look, New Grill, and A Movie

Wow! Look at that sexy new banner at the top of my blog! Isn't it beautiful!? A big sloppy wet kissed thank you to VJ from VJ Net for designing this banner and my new podcast artwork.

177466596_ca91c5e90f_o


I absolutely love them with every fiber of my being, they are the best gifts a blogger/podcaster could ever receive. VJ is quite talented with the graphic design and also taught me the neato method of taking pictures of people with a special flash so its all trippy looking. He has tons of cool pics on his blog so go check his part f the internets out and check out his podcast too. Thanks again VJ!

My three day vacation from my vacation is over and I'm headed back to work tomorrow. I have a love-hate relationship with the feelings that I have after a huge amount of time off work that included a festive event that afforded me much euphoria. This feeling typically happens after the holiday season and the anticlimactic New Year hullaballoo; the crashing halt and inertial melancholy inevitably follows. I liken the sensation to stuffing yourself with your favorite food even though you're full, the pain is intense but you can't help it and you continue to gorge yourself. Has anyone figured out the technology for inertial damping yet (thats a geeky Star Trek reference that I'm sure Atari will get).

In any case, its been a splendid few days off. My parents bought Brad and I a grill and it was here when we returned home. My first day home was spent shopping for things to grill and then assembling my new toy. Its the Weber Q (isn't that just utterly appropriate) and it has my stamp of approval as well as Mondo Rick-o's as well. I highly recommend this grill for anyone who as a limited amount space and/or wants a grill that is good for home or travel (the grill comes out of the stand and can be taken with on camping trips and accommodates a small propane tank).

IMG_2773


I'm so liberal with the parentheses today(strange isn't it)?

I also spent a nominal amount of time throwing some photos together into a photo movie. I have the iLife '06 suite of apps for the Mac so I figured that I'd actually use some the capabilities that Mac apps are famed for. I had uploaded the video to Google video and wanted to be slick and embed it into the blog post itself but that was an utter bust so click on the image of the movie and you can watch and download the movie.

SFJune2006

26 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

Fab new banner.....and swanky grill. I'm sure it will provide plenty of cookin' for many 4th of July's!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Hi Adam, FYI:

Not sure where you're hosting your banner, but us corporate types with limited access can't see it... :(

4:45 PM  
Blogger GayProf said...

I love the new look of your blog.

Wasn't inertial damping some made up Star-Trek thing that was suppose to explain how the people on the ship didn't get ripped apart when the ship traveled at incredible speeds?

Finally, I adore the picture where you are literally a tree-hugger.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Rick Andreoli said...

You got the fancy rolling cart! I wish we'd had the space for it. Go eat!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Jihadist Jerry said...

I is love new banner!!

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm geeky enough to had heard "inertial dampers" before, though I never paid attention to the definition. Here's the scoop. And yes, it would be very useful if we could be equipt with emotional intertial dampers.

Although, isn't that basically called pot?

9:04 PM  
Blogger DanNation said...

The movie was SO sweet...thanks, honey.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

I love it. Nice work! Ive seen some stuff on youtube from video stuff people put together here, but you belw them all away.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

Wow ... you are moving on up - to the East Side, with a deluxe banner in the sky - shameless reference to "The Jeffersons" - nice photo movie. Have fun this weekend with your new toy. It was great to have met you, however brief our introduction was.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Love the new header, VJ does great work.

Great video also, you and your boyfriend make a cute couple. ;)

11:16 PM  
Blogger gayborhood gringo said...

luv the new banner. VJnet did a great fuckin' job.

12:52 AM  
Blogger VJnet said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:00 AM  
Blogger VJnet said...

Adam, You are doing a great job with your blog and I think you're kick-ass cool! I'm just doing what I can to show my appreciation for the great passion you are sharing through your blog and stuff.

And Thanks to Everyone!!! for liking the banner and stuff that I designed :) I was just hit in the head & ear by the inspiration dildo and had to create something to show my e-luv. lol ... I'm a dork :D

2:08 AM  
Blogger Rey Rey said...

Adam, the layout looks great! So molecular and scientific... something that my pea brain can't quite interpret. But hey, it's almost like stereochemistry at its craziest... just like you.

2:35 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

LOVE the new banner - very sharp! The new grill is nice also... as are you and the BF - very sweet!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Guys' Guy said...

Love the new look of the blog...the picture is great!!!

Is the grill environmentally safe? Sorry had to through that out there. I wonder how is it is to take it camping with you once it's detached. I love camping, but after a long hike to a camp spot I'm not sure I'd want to bring it with me...love campfire cooking. Or was this more designed for camping in a campground? It is very sleek looking and just right for the big burly butch men it was given to ;)

Love ya! :)

9:18 AM  
Blogger tim said...

Moments like this is when I wish I had a backyard. But alas, the trials of living in Manhattan.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Jimmi said...

Nice work on the new banner! Colorful, and interesting... It really screams Krebs for you!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Chox said...

Parentheses are quite handy...whenever I want to talk shit about someone when they're standing right in front of me, I pull my parentheses out (I got them at Target on sale) and quickly slap them on. Then I can run my mouth all I want and nobody can hear me. It's great.

11:57 AM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Great movie, puts mine to shame! (Though I am getting a new apparatus in a couple weeks - whoopee!)

You owe us double blog duty now too. Just reminding you.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Guys' Guy said...

Chox....you are too funny. My Target ran out of those ages ago...they can't keep them in stock.

1:21 PM  
Blogger VJnet said...

That was a cool movie. I like the music you used, too.

I love your tree hugger photo :)

4:25 PM  
Blogger Seeker Onos said...

Cool (new) banner. It's (kinda) trippy (to) look at (while) thinking of ways to (ab)use parentheses... :P

8:40 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

the new banner is way cool. Loved the video too. Great work. Hope to see you again soon...

2:50 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Sorry, forgot I already commented, so now this makes three. Too much booze has killed my brain.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Earl Cootie said...

God, that looked like so much fun. I think you really captured the spirit of your trip.

(And, parenthetically, when I first clicked over the other day and saw your new banner, I thought, "Yes. That is perfect."

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares