Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I'd like to commend my city councilwoman, Angela Hunt, for her speedy response to an inquiry that I made to her via email. My partner and I had noticed that our water the last couple of days had been somewhat sudsy coming out of the tap. We learned from the D Magazine blog, Frontburner, that there was a fire at a nearby chemical plant and that the chemical used to put out the fire had seeped into the water supply. I was livid when I heard this and immediately contacted my councilwoman and explained to her that I wanted to know the name of this compound and be provided with the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) for the chemical. In less than 24 hours I recieved a phone mail message from the Dallas department of water saying that I can call them back and they will fax me the MSDS and any other information that I would like on the fire retardant. I was quite pleased.

One more thing concerns me. The fire was at a chemical plant near the Love Field airport. If the fire retardant seeped into the water supply what about the chemicals at the chemical plant? Why is there a chemical plant even on the the aquifer for the city of Dallas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares