Friday, October 14, 2005

I want it!


This week Apple unleashed the new iPod videos and the new iMac G5s. I am a huge Apple proponent, my first computer was an Apple IIc way back when screens only had eight colors. However I'm a bit perplexed at the speed at which they are introducing new items.

It was less than a year ago that I got my iPod mini and already the minis have been phased out and replaced by the nanos. The iPod photo, with its color screen and ability to display music art and personal photos, was only introduced a little over a year ago and it has been replaced by the new iPods with video capability. As if that wasn't enough the iMac G5 that I got less than a year ago has been made obsolete by a newer thinner version that includes an iSight camera built in.

Truth be told I have tech lust and I always want the newest and latest Apple thing. As soon as the iPod nano came out I began to think of how I could sell my less than year old mini to subsidize the purchase of a nano. Luckily my lust fades and I'm content with my mini and my three year old 600Mhz G3 12'' iBook, a relic in the Apple world.

On a kind of related note: As an avid podcast listener I am very excited to see how vidcasting evolves now that the iPod has video. I think its amazing how blogging, podcasting, and now vidcasting are evolving as mediums that everyone has access to. The flow of information and ideas astonishes me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Its truly amazing how the time to market of newer technology accelerates year over year.

I'm holding out for crystal storage technology which will make everything we use today Jurassic-tech.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares