Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Chez Moi

Many of you have asked and here they are, pictures of our condo.

IMG_1633


This is the W.C. downstairs. The sink came with the condo and the previous owners had a very nice mirror in this room and it happened to be the only mirror they took with them. No worries, we had fun finding this one and we got it for under $60. We got this mirror at a great Mexican folk art store here in Dallas called Casa Mexicana. They import a myriad of Talavera pottery items and a whole lot of Dia de los Muertos sculptures. Brad and I guessed that the sink is also Talavera pottery as well; not that its rare or anything but its nice to know the story behind things.

IMG_1643


This is the living room. We painted it "green tea." The rug is a new acquisition as is the leather chair that has a twin. Its definitely my new favorite room. The Stuart Davis print of "New York Mural" is something that I've had for many years. I saw a special exhibition of his work at the Met before I moved from NYC when I was about ten. The original is massive and I fell in love with it. My mom bought me a print, framed it, and its been with me ever since.

IMG_1644


We've got more to do downstairs and as soon as other rooms get finished I will post them.

13 Comments:

Blogger Spider said...

Adam - what a beautiful place - I LOVE the color of the living room - and the bathroom is fantastic! Can tell you two love this place and will for many years to come.

8:41 AM  
Blogger DanNation said...

Gorgeous...can't wait to see the rest. Where's the couch I'll sleep on when I visit?

9:21 AM  
Blogger Earl Cootie said...

Is there (or will there be) a new Ziggy Stardust wall?

9:35 AM  
Blogger Seeker Onos said...

Wow, you guys have such a beautiful home!

If and when I ever get around to getting a new place, I might have to hit you up for decorating ideas.... :P

9:41 AM  
Blogger jeremy said...

lookin' good!!

10:29 AM  
Blogger GayProf said...

I echo everybody else on the beauty of your new place. You two have good taste!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Nathan said...

You and Brad have such a beautiful home. I absolutely love how warm it feels in the pictures. The color on the walls is very brave and turned out so well. How creative.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

It looks fantastic, Adam. Really like your sense of style. :)

4:03 PM  
Blogger Rey Rey said...

Damn... Can I just tell you how frickin' envious I am???

6:36 PM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Great room! And I dig the coffee table as I've probably mentioned. All so tasteful with the grean tea walls.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

That W.C. is the coolest. My house was built around 1950 and I have a bathroom that is totally decked out in PINK TILE! UGH! I am jealous.

10:31 PM  
Blogger photodenow said...

C'est fort mignon chez toi.
Felicitations

1:44 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Knock out! Do not invite me over because I will leave with that sink cleverly concealed in my shirt :)

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares