Friday, February 24, 2006

I want to be alone.

Tonight I am supposed to go out with people from work to a bar to celebrate someone's birthday. Thats not going to happen. Instead I'm going to go to the gym, come home, eat dinner and do some things that I've wanted to do for a while now but have not had the time to do.

Garbo2
Brad will be out doing more departmental interviews so I will be alone. Its not that I can't do these things when he's here, were very independent when we're home together but when you're alone the feeling of doing those special things is, well...special. The opportunity for alone time is so rare that I cannot resist the urge to indulge in it. That and I have a tendency to be reclusive.



So what's on the agenda you ask? First, I plan on opening a bottle of wine and enjoying a glass or two with my leftover Italian Wedding Soup that I made last night. Afterwards I will retire into our office/spare room/philosophical think tank/podcasting studio/ game room with the remainder of the wine and enjoy some retro gaming on our Sega Dreamcast, Sega Nomad, and our Atari 2600. Heaven!

IMG_1854

7 Comments:

Blogger tornwordo said...

That looks like fun. I stopped being a video game freak at about 35, my heart can't take the adrenaline of defeating the final monster.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Shauntae AuPair said...

Hmmm. I find that wine dulls my button mashing abilities. I still love playing Kid Chameleon on my old Sega. One of my summer projects will be to complete Resident Evil 4. Man, I luuuuved Resident Evil 2 on the PS1.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Brettcajun said...

When you are ready to battle me in Age of Empires III... BRING IT ON MOFO!!!!

6:54 AM  
Blogger jeremy said...

whoa! sega nomad! i'm jealous. i wish i still had my sega master system. ah well.
at least all the old colecovision and intellivision games are available on the internet.
have a great weekend, adam!!

2:14 PM  
Blogger jjd said...

hmm. is that the green of pitfall i see on the atari 2600? how I'd die for a game of raiders of the lost ark.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

Yea... there is a lot to be said for that quiet time... hope you have enjoyed it..

11:58 PM  
Blogger Aethlos said...

wow... atari... that is so cool.... memories. :)

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares