Friday, February 17, 2006

Night #1: Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves

Every time I go home I am thrust into a paradox, I feel like a stranger yet I know the city but not as I remember it. So much has stayed the same that the little changes make it seem like I have somehow entered an alternate reality. Its very similar to "It's A Wonderful Life" where Bedford Falls is the same but a bit amiss.

After I had my metaphysical reflection on my returning home I ventured out with my friend Nikki.

IMG_1654

We first went to get some R&R at a local Starbucks. Note the wretched specimen of overprivleged suburban spawn behind my dago princess.

IMG_1669

We got a call from Frick and Frack and zoomed across town to join them at Roscoe's.

IMG_1673

We soon departed and moved on to Charlie's and so the night really began.

IMG_1686

The Debauchery:

IMG_1690

The Drama:

IMG_1702

The Carnage:

IMG_1694

The Local Color:

IMG_1713

And the greasy southern Italianness of it all:

IMG_1711

This was just the first night and Dan has yet to arrive. Are you ready for this jelly?

11 Comments:

Blogger tornwordo said...

So how's the headache? lol. Looks like fun. And I laughed at your overpriveledged suburban spawn remark.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Seeker Onos said...

Phoenix looks a helluva lot more inviting than NYC right about now (judging from the foliage in the background behind the overpriviledged suburban spawn).

8:20 AM  
Blogger Brettcajun said...

I wish I could have been there Adam. That would have been a treat to see you guys. Have fun! And take more pics!

9:08 AM  
Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon said...

looks like you're ready for the jelly ;-)

11:37 AM  
Blogger jjd said...

oh my jelly

12:28 PM  
Blogger Kiss My Mike said...

jelly licking? looks fun!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

WAY too many smile in those pictures! Can't imaging what will happen when the jelly arrives...

3:12 PM  
Blogger richwhiteboy said...

Hello! I am richwhiteboy (aka poor lovelorn crazywhiteboy). Anyway, just wanted to let you know I enjoy your blog. I discovered it by accident the other day. We're neighbors of a sort. I live in Oaklawn in Dallas.

It was 80 degrees yesterday. Tonight we're expecting an ice storm. Oh, the drama. And there you are in Phoenix.

Have fun.

Here's MY blog:

http://imyoungimbeautiful.blogspot.com/

6:40 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

Well well well, aren't you just the cutie!?

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute photos. :)

10:21 AM  
Blogger raffael regis said...

you're so handsome.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares