Sunday, April 16, 2006

Dallas in Full Bloom

All across the world today people are celebrating the pagan springtime ritual. Some look for decorated eggs hidden in the grass, others gorge themselves on chocolate and jelly beans, and some gorge themselves on eggs benedict and mimosas.

Here in Dallas the tradition for the past twenty or so years has been one that is steeped in dignity and in the true keeping with the springtime rite, The Pooch Parade.

The parade is held in Lee Park here in Dallas so named after General Robert E. Lee. Here he is with his gay lover riding on their horses.

IMG_1966


Here's The Gayborhood Gringo, Jeff, with his new toy.

IMG_1968


It was a lovely day in Lee Park.

IMG_1971


Even Jesus showed up.

IMG_1976


Here is our first pooch. For those of you that haven't already figured it out, the pooch parade is basically an excuse for gay men to dress themselves and their dogs up in fabulously excessive garb. Its kinda like pride here in Dallas only far more outrageous, has more children, and there are straight people acting like fools too! I love it.

IMG_1980


This woman got a visit from the Easter Bunny WHEEEEE!

IMG_1985


Daddy and his boys.

IMG_1986


Mamma and her boys.

IMG_1987


This lovely collie was dressed as Genie. Dog people have a lot of time on their hands. They're almost as bad as bloggers.

IMG_1989


The parade is about to start and everyone was sweating with anticipation...actually it was just hot as hell.

IMG_1991


The participants:

IMG_2020

IMG_2022

IMG_2023

IMG_2026


This lady had her pom in a sailor's suit and in a wagon dressed up like a ship he was also accompanied by some stuffed animal sailors as well. Now I don't know if she was being tongue and cheek but the back of the wagon reads "Lotta Seamen."

IMG_2029


This was one of the last in the parade and by far one of my favorites. You GO Gurl!! I couldn't tell if the dog or the owner was "Princess Cupcake" though.

IMG_2030

IMG_2031


See now everybody Texas has lotsa out and proud freaks too and even though we're a red state. Now if we can only get people to get as enthusiastic about getting the bastard asses who are in power out of office as they are about dressing up their dogs we'll be set. I'm not judging, I'm just sayin'.

9 Comments:

Blogger gayborhood gringo said...

Good times indeed...the other gay pride parade!

I've said it countless times before and I'll say it again (and again and again)..."bless their hearts"...I'm referring to the poor dogs, of course. Although some of them really seemed to be enjoying themselves.

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think i would have liked to have seen the gringo or perhaps the krebster on a leash. now THAT would be fabulous... hahahahaha ;)

6:08 PM  
Blogger Darin said...

how come you didn't have Brad out there...on his leash? I'm not judgin'...I'm just sayin'...

6:11 PM  
Blogger Leah Shafer said...

So thats why I saw two doberman pincers with bunny ears walking in the gayborhood...Nice appearance on Wanda Wisdom last week.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Awww. I miss me some Lee Park with all the Dallas girls. Thanks for sharing!

By the way, you look HOT in that blue dress... :P

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I thought pet sweaters were more... strange.

And that genie looks like she wants to wish herself a way... to a whole new world... I better stop before I go into song :(

10:22 PM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

That collie was the cutest!! Looks like a fabulous day outside. And it's nice to know that there are freaks in Texas too. I mean the good kind of freaks. (snicker)

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I <3 Princess Cupcake!

Also the chia dog, really, that was my favorite!

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I <3 Princess Cupcake!

Also the chia dog, really, that was my favorite!

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares