Friday, April 14, 2006

You Owe Us, Bigtime, Friday

I don't know what's so good about it. Its the day that is the crux of catholic guilt and thus the most brilliant marketing campaign in human history. This is the day that a man who you didn't know died so that you can be absolved of sins that you commit without even knowing it so that you can live forever after you die. Feel guilty, feel very very guilty and leave a donation please.

I used to have the brain fog myself and if you could travel back in time to my adolescent years you would find a young Adam sobbing in front of a piece of wood that ironically means salvation for millions but really is, and was, an instrument of cruel and unusual punishment.

Anyway, most people take this day off but my present employer doesn't give the day off which is convenient. In previous years I've come to work even when everyone else was absent. I couldn't, in good conscience, be absent from work on a day that meant nothing for me so instead I asked that the hours be comped and that I just use the time for another day.

5 Comments:

Blogger GayProf said...

I couldn't, in good conscience, be absent from work on a day that meant nothing for me so instead I asked that the hours be comped and that I just use the time for another day.

And you think that you have escaped your Catholic guilt? LOL

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha gayprof you are a genius

i wish i had something witty to say

9:11 PM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Feel very very guilty, LOL

I hope you can enjoy an eternity in that lake of fire. (snicker)

7:08 AM  
Blogger Rey Rey said...

I gave my two assistants the day off too - one's Jewish and the other Sri Lankan... Neither of whom cared that my Lord died that day.

Funny, I'm Catholic and neither did I.

11:30 AM  
Blogger VJnet said...

It's Friday, like any other day. Live it like a Holiday.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares