Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Instant Karma's Gonna Get You

I'm stealing this from Jimmi but this movie looks very interesting.



The U.S. v.s. John Lennon

I love the songs in the trailer. "Power To The People" and "Instant Karma" are ALWAYS in my iPod and I pretty much listen to those songs every day lately. And of course I absolutely worship Yoko Ono, I love her music.

My Favorite Quotes

"You have to be more politically aware in this day and age, it's impossible to close your eyes to it."
-John Lennon

"Society is run by insane people for insane objectives but I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that."
-John Lennon

"Lennon represented life and Mr. Nixon and Mr. Bush represent death."
-I don't recognize the man who said this but I love it. Quite succinct!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jimmi said...

I agree I love the quotes and how creepy that they relate so much today than they did 30+ years ago. I love movies that are mind provoking and I have a feeling this one will it.

I’m glad to know I have another fellow American that I can say feels the same as I do. After the Independence Day Fireworks display tonight and the cliché Americana choreographed music, I have to say I was not feeling very patriotic. The song, I’m proud to be an American didn't ring true for me, and why? I don't think it takes a brain surgeon to figure that one out. I felt very let down tonight, by the lack of patriotism in our own government.

1:14 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

I was so listening to that song on vinyl yesterday. I hadn't heard about the movie, I guess I have been a bit distracted lately.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Jimmi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Jimmi said...

FYI - The movie is out in September. I think it just was announced this weekend so don't feel like you have been out of the loop :) ha ha

12:55 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

I think we are sharing common moods today.

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The man saying Lennon represented life and Nixon and Bush represent death is the extraordinary Gore Vidal.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

Oy! I love Gore Vidal but I only know him from his writings, I've never seen him. Thank you for pointing him out!

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares