Thursday, July 28, 2005

Emancipation.....Celebration...Uh Huh, Yeah! (Kids in The Hall Style)

I did it! I walked out on my boss. I went to her in the middle of the day and I said to her, "You're obviously having a difficult time with my leaving so I'm going to make it easier for you and leave right now. I am also shocked at your behavior regarding the lunch yesterday, I think that you were completely inappropriate. Furthermore, I do not appreciate you talking to other people about how you feel betrayed by my leaving and coercing them into the same position." At which point I was interrupted by, "I dont need to hear this." I replied, "Okay. I'll stop talking. Bye!" Turned around and left.

This was sparked when someone where I work told me that they had been told by her that she felt betrayed, by my voluntary resignation for a better and higher paying job, and that she and all the other coworkers should feel the same way. Can you believe this woman?! Im so glad I walked out with dignity and grace.

If you are in a situation where someone treats you like utter shit please call them on it. Dont take it from them, control your own life!

1 Comments:

Blogger Knute123 said...

The Thick Animosity juice has been defeated.

I think Madonna said it best...

"If we took a holiday. Just some time to celebrate. Just one day out of life. It would be, it would be so nice."

Ah, lyric genuis.

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares