Sunday, March 26, 2006

Bears and Buds

Last night was a twofold event. FIrst of all it was the 11th annual Texas Bear Round Up. Basically its a bunch of bears coming together in Dallas to meet, rub each other's shaved heads, grab one another's beefy butts, and swap commentary on various and sundry "bear" issues. The theme of this year's event was "Fur University" and so there were seminars earlier in the week on how to be a better bear, cub, otter etc.

Overall though I think the event injected some really hot beefy men to the Dallas gayborhood for the night and I actually find this sect of the gay community to be really fun.

Here is a bear sporting a T-shirt for the event.

IMG_1943


Here is the official artwork for the event.

IMG_1950


Bear tracks.

IMG_1944


So in addition to the hirsute bonanza Brad and I met up with someone that I have been corresponding with via My Space. The lovely and splendid Jeff aka El Gringo Loco.

Here's a picture of me and Jeff after a few drinks. Jeff is a cool cat and certainly proof that you can meet people on My Space that are not just looking to chop you up into a million pieces. He did however express his desire to preform deviant sex acts with me but I think 50% is accpetable. I look like crap in this picture but oh well.

IMG_1946


Here's a hot bartender. He was dumb as a brick but again 50% is perfectly acceptable.

IMG_1948


Here I am with some Dallasites, I think. They could be Gotti children but I'm not totally certain. If I had my sunglasses on too you wouldn't have noticed my eyes are shut. Hmm note to self.

IMG_1949


Two weekends in a row at the bar and both weekends I've met a new Jeff. I think thats enough going out though for a while. I'm not usually so out and about in the community but who knows what next weekend will bring.

9 Comments:

Blogger gayborhood gringo said...

I was still drunk this morning! Thanks for the good times last night. :)

6:05 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

We've been out 2 weekends in a row as well...WHat's the coupled gay world coming to???

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, what you're saying is that I have no chance with that bartender...

LOL

Miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1:22 AM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Looks like fun! Is smoking allowed in the Texas bars?

6:27 AM  
Blogger AvR said...

You DO look a little messed up in your pictures, but hell: if we can't be tipsy once in a while, what is the point of living? If nothing else, it demonstrates that you are not afraid to loosen up and have a good time. In the 'hood of Pinehurst, which is the closest place to my home, it's the CC or Dugan's Pub, both of which cater only to WASPy white golfers; consequently, I end up drinking at home and taking pictures of my cats.

Someone please come rescue me!

PS: I don't really take pictures of the cats---my life really is a nice one, just devoid of handsome bears.

11:50 AM  
Blogger K said...

"grab one another's beefy butts" man I cannot stop laughing...

1:16 PM  
Blogger jjd said...

I'd feed those bears anyday!

7:22 PM  
Blogger joey said...

You still look awfully cute even if you were a bit in your cups!

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

identity theft! they call ME el gringo loco! that was my name in Ecuador!!!

oh, and i want to ravage you too, adam

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares