Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Note to self...


A Picture Share!
Originally uploaded by adpal3180.
...find a new bus stop. I could smell the gas seeping from this...whitchamacallit while I was standing next to it at my stop yesterday afternoon. I'm sure the splitting headache that I had last night was a result of the noxious fumes that I inhaled while waiting for my bus.

Does anybody else think that this gaspipe is relatively exposed? I don't think that three metal pillars are nearly enough protection if someone drove into this thing. I guess Atmos energy spent all their money on Tom Delay other community projects.

There is another bus stop down the street a bit but its near a bodega that is frequented by some unsavory characters. As long as my death isn't documented as an Honorable Mention at the Darwin Awards I'll be happy. For the most part I have no shame but if I read about a guy who died while standing at a bus stop next to an exposed gas line I'd be inclined to say that it was his poor judgement. I don't want to spend my afterlife in therapy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Seeker Onos said...

Oog. Death by gas or by unsavory characters. That is a rough choice.

Going for the dumb question now...: how far up is the next (past the bodega) bus stop, and is that relatively safe?

1:16 PM  
Blogger vuboq said...

Your "Tom Delay/Community Projects" comment made me laugh out loud, and not in that "faux internet LOL" kind of way. [It was more of the "If I keep doing this my co-workers are going to think I'm cracking up" kind of way.]

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares