Monday, March 13, 2006

Monday Monday

For those of you that didn't listen to Krebs Cast #18 Brad and I spent the good part of the weekend gardening. It was some tough work but nonetheless quite rewarding. It's nice when you work really hard on something and you get to see your result almost immediately. The plants are still small but our efforts yielded a great result if I do say so myself and I am eager to watch the garden fill out as the plants grow.

This is the fist time that we've done any kind of gardening since leaving Arizona. What a refreshing change it was to plant things that flower and don't have thorns.

In any case I think that we must have really given ourselves tremendous leg work outs while gardening. Both Brad and myself have incredibly sore hamstrings and I for one am barely able to walk. Its a good sore but still quite inconvenient as it has made sitting down a rather tricky task. I have to essentially position my body above my target and lower myself as much as I can until the pain is unbearable and then just flop down into the chair and hope that the resulting position is one that is comfortable. Getting up requires the full cooperation and use of my arms. In short my legs are jello.

In closing I have to say that Battlestar Galactica is the most amazing show on television and the season finale on Friday was phenomenal. Unfortunately they won't be back until October but last night the Soprano's came back and that is sure to keep my yen for high production TV satisfied for the time being.

8 Comments:

Blogger DanNation said...

Are you sure that the sureness is from gardening? I know that as a floosy, I've used the "gardening" excuse many times for my soreness.

10:31 AM  
Blogger vuboq said...

It must have been National Yardworking Weekend or something. My legs are fine, but my back is killing me and, oddly, my fingers are sore. Sorry you are in pain.

The way you are having to sit down, sounds a lot like how John's dog, Oscar, lies down. He lowers himself a little way and then *FLOPS*, letting his body go limp or something. It's really loud. Makes me laugh every time.

12:53 PM  
Blogger jeremy said...

I completely concur w/ what you said about BSG. I have such a tough time selling it to people, but those who get it, love it. A friend of mine is a getting her PhD in Comparative Religion and her contention is that love (in BSG) is a virus. She's writing a paper on it.
I'm trying to get a tour of their studios up in Vancouver for the paper for which I write. Fingers crossed!!!

2:02 PM  
Blogger jjd said...

hm.. obviously a function of the weather as I spent the weekend gardening too. My whole body is sore.

2:36 PM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

No pain no gain, right? I actually wish I could have some gardening soreness, that would mean it's spring. Which sadly, it is not here.

5:41 AM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

I always admire people who have the patience to garden. When you have the attention span of a fly like me, gardening seems so tedious. :P

6:35 AM  
Blogger AvR said...

I am so excited about my gardens this year, as I'm having a small knot garden placed where one was originally on my property: restoring an old house and not doing the gardens seems incongruous to me somehow. I will freely admit that I'm not doing the mowing and raking, but I cleared three good sized beds myself, so I understand the soreness. I am definately feeling it as well.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My partner and I plant a big vegetable garden every year and do the canning thing and everything. I know it is very "Martha" of us as good queers to do so, but I love spending time with him out there and eating the fruits of our labor all winter long. Glad to hear others enjoying gardening too.
Love you cast.

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares