Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Its A Start

Here is the letter I wrote to my representative, Eddie Bernice Johnson, today regarding the case for impeachment. I'm sure its not the only thing I can do but it's a start.

Dear Congresswoman Johnson,

I am writing to inform you of my desire, as one of your constituents, for you to support and expedite the impeachment of George Bush. Congressmen Conyers took a brave and giant step in making a stand against this president and his corrupt administration. I urge you to join him in defending our nation from further detriment caused by this president and his administration.

The fact of the matter is that this nation can no longer afford to have this president or his administration. Our liberties are eroding and our resources are being squandered for the benefit of a handful of people who seek nothing but their own personal gain. Damage has already been done, some of it irrevocably, most of which will take years to fix. America has been hijacked and thrown off track by this administration and although impeachment will not propel us forward immediately it is a step in the correct direction. Removal of this president and the dismantling of his regime will not only prevent more damage from being done but it will also send a message to future tyrants and sons of treachery that America is not the plaything of the rich and privileged. Impeachment of this president firmly avows to the current generation of Americans and to future generations that this nation, its resources, its ideals, and its foundations are sacred and not to be twisted and exploited by false patriots; that those who perpetrate the rule of law in this nation pay the price.

Democracy needs to flourish at home in order for us to be an example for developing nations in their own pursuit for liberty. The policy of "Do as I say not as I do" is one of tyrants and dictators and has no place within the parameters of our system of government. The president must be impeached for his crimes against this nation. I hope you will join Congressman Conyers in his fight to hold the president accountable for his actions against our nation.

Sincerely,
Adam
Dallas, TX


If you feel so inclined to write a letter to your representative in Congress please do so. The squeaky wheel gets the grease so lets make some fucking noise!

6 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

Good for you on getting your voice heard and exercising your rights as an American.

I've written some letters myself, and you might be surprised at how much support you get in response.

2:11 PM  
Blogger jjd said...

queaky wheels? is that a mixture of queers and squeaky?

When are you running for Congress Adam, I might take some time off and help your campaign.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

queaky? whats queaky? what are you talking about? I NEVER have typos on my blog.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

Hmmm ... in case this is the original, there is a typo in the last sentence of the first paragraph. I think the "my" should have been a "by". Sorry to be so anal retentive but I thought you might want it changed before you posted it. :)

9:52 PM  
Blogger vuboq said...

Hi. Good letter.

I have a question though. You mention that George Bush should be impeached for crimes against this nation. But what laws has he broken?

When Bill Clinton was impeached, technically, it wasn't because he was a morally-lacking philanderer, but because Congress felt he lied under oath.

I disagree with most of George Bush's policies. However, impeachment should never be approached lightly. I fear that we're in danger of becoming an Impeachment Culture: We don't like the elected representative so his opponents start yelling "impeach the motherfucker already!"

Maybe it's obvious to everyone else what laws Bush has broken, but I need it spelled out for me.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Seeker Onos said...

Vuboq:

Take a look at http://www.counterpunch.org/corseri06062005.html and see what can be viewed as Bush's crimes against this country.

This is a good start.

Some of it may be at a stretch, but should we not regard principle highly?

But I understand also that when it comes down to the actual laying of charges, we will need to enumerate the exact cases where he has transgressed, and get numbers on how many and who has felt the impact of his policies.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares