Monday, April 17, 2006

Vote!

Okay everybody so tomorrow is the day! April 18th, 2006 is National Blog Voter Registration day. Go over to Kevin's blog, Hypoxic: Random Social and Political Thought, and find out voter eligibility requirements in your state. Also visit vote-smart.org to find out how you can register to vote in your state.

Also, for those of you that don't know because you didn't listen to Krebs Cast #26, I am sponsoring an Express Your Vote competition. Submit your expression of why its important to vote via a link to a blog post, podcast, video cast, song, etc. to me by April 19, 2006. The three best expressions will win a batch of cookies baked by me and sent to them at no cost. Its so easy people, all you have to do is express why voting is important to you and you get free cookies!

Email your submissions to thekrebscycle@gmail.com

I am not much of a poet but I found the best way for me to express my vote was by making a list in sort of a poem format.

I vote...

For those who have come before me.

For those who will come after me.

For those who are defending me.

For those who have died for me.

For those who seek to expand my liberty.

For the possibility that one vote will make all the difference.


To be a citizen

To secure my liberties

To expand my liberties

To be heard

To let them know that I care.

To let them know that I am watching.

To take responsibility.

To say, "I'm not going to take your shit anymore."


I vote For peace.

I vote To defend my nation against those who seek to exploit it


I vote because I'm angry.

I vote because this nation isn't perfect.

I vote because I still believe

in the dream

in the myth

in the hope

and in the promise

of America.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You win, Adam! Can't imagine beating that. Enjoy the cookies. tp

11:16 AM  
Blogger Seeker Onos said...

A fair shake better than P.Diddy/Puff Daddy/Peh Doodly's campaign a few years back:

"Vote... or Die!"

:P

2:08 PM  
Blogger The Persian said...

I'm with TP, that was realy well written :)

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said it better myself.

btw, thanks for all the reminders about registering. I had forgotten that I'm still registered at my old address, so I need to get that updated tomorrow.

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Recaro Car Seats - Recaro car seats are now used in a variety of cars from Audis to the Aston Martin, Lamborghini’s, Jaguars, and Porsches. Our reproduction Recaro car seats are handmade with the highest quality and craftsmanship in Italy. Get your Recaro Car Seats from http://www.classiccarseats.com/recaro-car-seat.php

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares