Thursday, July 13, 2006

Krebs Cast #44: Choking on Fumes of Greed

Note: The feed for this episode had some issues and should be okay now. To my knowledge the problem has fixed iteself. I apologize for those of you expecting to hear my dulcet tones but may have heard the Naked Scientist Podcast or The Mandarin Podcast instead.

Krebs Cast #44

Subscribe in iTunes.

  • 11 new coal power plants planned for the DFW area.

  • Why is coal is bad and why coal is like a shit sammy.

  • Results For America: Global Climate Change.

  • Report: Practical Solutions To Global Warming Could Be A Major Economic Opportunity for The United States. Full text version here.

  • Kinky Friedman for Texas Governor!

  • Clean energy equals clean air, healthy, people, healthy economy, healthy America.

  • Green Mountain Energy

  • Sexism in science: my perspective on an article sent to me from Steven of V.U.B.O.Q., Male Scientist Writes of Life as Female Scientist.

  • Listerer email and shoutouts to: Deep Fabulosity and Nik In Paris Podcast.

  • Dean Terry's Blog. Dean Terry's new film, Subdivided: Isolation & Community in America.

  • The Talk Show on KERA.

    IMG_2567.JPG
  • 10 Comments:

    Blogger JayT said...

    Only One comment on the pic -

    "Got Wood?"

    7:33 AM  
    Blogger Seeker Onos said...

    From the Kinky One himself (quoted from kdka.com) on the Ten Commandments in schools:

    "I want them back, they belong there," says Friedman. "Maybe I'll have to change their name to the Ten Suggestions, you know. But they were taken out, not by separation of church and state, but by political correctness gone awry. One atheist stands up and says, 'I don't like the Ten Commandments,' and suddenly out they go. And, of course, we all know what happens to an atheist when he dies. His tombstone usually reads, 'All dressed up and no place to go.' "

    Sounds like an interesting guy.

    8:33 AM  
    Blogger Guys' Guy said...

    My one comment about this is...

    Where did they find the woman who did the presentation...Disney Epcot Center (World of Tomorrow). She sounds like she's ready to take you on a voyage of incredible discoveries.

    Remember hold on to the handrails (or maybe not, they maybe crawling with bacteria from snotty nosed kid) and enjoy the trip. :)

    8:34 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Look at those beastly arms!

    12:04 PM  
    Blogger Evil European said...

    Cool show, scary about the powerstations....like many people, I am sure you prefer to breath your air, not chew it!

    I have to say, I love it when Americans say 'shire' instead of 'shear', its so cute.

    For future refrence though, Yorkshire is pronounced York-shear, Buckinghamshire...Bucking-um-shear and Devonshire does not exist, its just plan Devon....with clotted cream and mad gun loving farmers...ahhhh, such wonderful childhood memories...'run, run for your life!'

    *meep* *meep*

    12:26 PM  
    Blogger DEREK said...

    what a hot tree hugger!

    4:54 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hey!

    do you have any interest in meeting up in Crawford sometime in August? After my show closes in Galveston, I am pretty much free.

    11:44 AM  
    Blogger Kalv1n said...

    This was such a depressing podcast for me. I just want to say you should move. I saw a nice place up the stree! :)

    8:08 PM  
    Blogger jeremy said...

    Metroplex . . . such a sexy word. How I miss hearing it on the news.
    And to pat myself on the back--I haven't driven in 6 mos. (Work provides a bus pass). Last time I went to move my car, it wouldn't even turn over.

    3:08 AM  
    Blogger Trunk Guy said...

    That tree is so lucky - I wanna hug too

    5:19 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

    Powered by Blogger

    Listed on BlogShares