Monday, July 10, 2006

I triple heart Nintendo!!

Bush gets a bit of brain training

I already love Nintendo for their fabulous and innovative games and I absolutely adore my DS Lite. But it seems that Nintendo is intent on wooing me even more with their withering and sarcastic sense of humor.

brainage_1


Here's the letter they sent to that heap of biomass that sits in leather chair in oval room:


Dear President Bush:

Happy Birthday!
Don’t worry, turning 60 is an exciting milestone. As you know, you’ve joined millions of other baby boomers in an invigorating new decade of your life. And, like many boomers, you may be looking for ways to keep your mind sharp. That’s where we come in.

Please accept our gift of a new Nintendo DS Lite system and a copy of Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day. You now join millions of people around the world who have fun challenging themselves with Brain Age. If you have never played a video game before, don’t worry. Brain Age is part of our new Touch Generations brand, which includes games that are easy for people of any age - regardless of their video game experience - to pick up and start playing immediately.

It’s obvious you don’t have a lot of time to play games, which makes Brain Age such a great activity for you - just a few minutes a day with more than 15 daily training tests will help keep your mind sharp. Training tests include categories like math, reading and memorization. Try it for a few days and watch your score improve. Brain Age also comes with more than 100 sudoku puzzles - these could make your next long flight on Air Force One a bit more fun! (Perhaps copies of Brain Age for journalists joining you on your next flight would be a nice distraction!)

Have fun exploring Brain Age with your Nintendo DS Lite and be sure to let us know your brain age! Have a tremendous birthday!

Sincerely,
Your Friends at Nintendo

13 Comments:

Blogger Trunk Guy said...

I saw this on the web someweher and I thought it was inspired - it takes some great marketing mind to come up with this (and some bare faced cheek!).

Do you reckon Bush will be able to work out how to turn it on?

3:41 PM  
Blogger Michael The Shadow said...

Oh my god but that's funny! Now how come they didn't send me one too? Hm...maybe I should tell them my birthday is coming up? hehe

4:22 PM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

This is SO good. :) No offence to your president but he's a @#$wit, in my opinion, so giving him the game would only give him even more opportunities to screw up. :P

4:56 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

Sunshine they teach some very good manners down there in Australia but trust me you did not offend :) I mean you've seen the shirt I'm wearing in my profile picture? You realize that I think he's a shitwit, fuckwit, asswit, cuntwit as well right?

6:06 PM  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

I certainlyv hope he had Dick or Rummy there to read the letter to him!

8:13 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

You video game nerd! Sorry I just got done calling Atari a Sc-fi nerd and I was a comic nerd so I feel like this comment is unviversal today. As I said to Atari, it's like Band Geeks making fun of Drama Queers or vice versa. Only I may have phrased that differently on his post. I triple heart nerds of many nerd sects. I did love the B-day letter by the way.

8:57 PM  
Blogger jeremy said...

Brain age rules. Nintendo rules. I need to go get a DSLite

2:05 AM  
Blogger tim said...

I love it, I love it, I love it.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

HaHa...
I like that they have a sense of humor!
I'm about this close <----> to picking up one of these new Nintendo's. What are some must have games besides Brain Age?

9:07 AM  
Blogger Kalv1n said...

I'm so shocked by this, but I hope that it's really true. Maybe we'll see some improvements if he actually uses it.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Guys' Guy said...

He probably never even heard of the company Nintendo before and can't even pronounce it let alone turn it on.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Seeker Onos said...

I think that giving Bushie-poos this kind of video game will use at least two of the three remaining brain cells our Imperious Leader has now, won't it...?

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now THAT is fantastic. An inspired idea and an even more inspired letter.
You know it's just going to get pissed on by one of the twins when she's too drunk to make it to the bathroom, though.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares