Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Work has become such a trial for me. I grow increasingly more frustrated with the situation that I am in there. I took this job on the assumption that I would be at the ground level and would be helping to build the molecular biology research in the plastic surgery dept at UTSW. That implies that the department had a desire to improve their research in molecular biology. I have to discover that the department has no desire to make any kind of foray into molecular biology and I am not quite sure why they needed me. I will never again take a job that I am not 100% certain of what it exactly entails. Next time I interview I am going to check out the P.I. on Ovid and check out his publications and also ask what current projects they are working on. My boss is a hack, a nice man yes, but a hack. He is a sell out and is just a servant to the asshole that is the chairman of the department.

My plan: study like a mother for the GRE, prepare an amazing application to the graduate school here and get the hell out of this situation and do some real fucking science and not this plastic surgery bullshit. I was told I’d be working on the genetics of wound healing. I havent done anything of the sort, additionally my boss doesn’t even pretend to know genetics.

A little tip for everyone. To truly remember the krebs cycle remember Cindy Is Kinky So She Fornicates More Often. Citrate, Isocitrate, alpha-Ketoglutarate, Succinate, Succinyl CoA, Fumarate, Murate, Oxaloacetate. Fuck you plastic surgeons I know the krebs cycle, you sick fucks, you arent doctors, you’re fucking masochists.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you!

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Succinyl-CoA came before Succinate? I'm studying a biochem exam, it works both ways though, so thanks.

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

succinyl-CoA does come before succinate. But no biggie, that's a good way to remember it.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is all wrong.
I guess he doesn't know the TCA Cycle after all.
its Acetyl CoA Citrate cis-Aconitate Isocitrate alphaketoglutarate Succinyl-CoA Succinate Fumarate Malate Oxaloacetate

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Powered by Blogger

Listed on BlogShares